This Disappears When Logged In

yayyyyyy finally

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by steel rip, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I'm sooo excited, the change of enviroment must of worked, my Garter ate last night, after about 5 months of trying to get him to eat, phew I am soooo relieved, why didn't I think of that sooner, I should of known he didnt like that tank, I dont like them much either lol, wooohooo I feel like jumping about with joy :D

2. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

I'm happy to hear he ate for you. You must feel tons better. Such a relief.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats greaaaaaaaaaaaaat Donna! Non feeders sure do make you crazy!

4. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Hey thats great news donna!!!!!! *doing a happy dance for you* :D *looking quite silly as I'm at work* :D

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'll join in the Happy Herp Dance too.... YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Its such a relief, what I have gone through this past few months, it drove me crazy, and he is a lot happier in his new viv, the other one he hid all of the time, and was very jumpy and skittish, even striking at me, and thats not usually like him, but all is well now :D

7. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

*Joins in the silly happy dance* :p
    Great news Donna! So glad to hear the strike is over and he is feeding again.. these snakes, winding us up til we tear our hair out!! :D Now just Otis to go... :p

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I have put Otis on a cooling period for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference, i'm hoping after the warm up he will start to eat again, fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

9. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Thats great news Donna! What did you get him to eat anyway?

10. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

He ate a mouse, which I am glad about as I didnt really want to turn to fish, he has also calmed down alot coming up to me when near his tank. he isnt half as jumpy or aggressive :D

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Thats awesome! I'm so glad everything worked out ok with that lil guy :D

12. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

what kind of enclosure was he in that made him not eat?? Do you have expericance keeping garters together? I have two now and some other more innoying people are saying that the snakes will stress themselves to the point where they wont eat! I believe some of the stress part but I just cant say I agree with that! Does anyone agree with this is or is this guy just nuts?? I brought a baby garter home yesterday and introduced him to my larger garter! They are happy so far and chilling by each other! Also my larger one seems more quiet since he is now payin a bit more attention to the baby then me! This morning the were swimming together in thier bowls. I plan to feed them separatly and on different days to avoid a big mess ALTHOUGH in the petstore they were together for some time and were even fed together!

13. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

He was in a plastic viv which seemed to hold more humidity and got really warm, the vivs looked nice but where not appropriate, and I figured since I upgraded his enclosure he never ate, so I put it to the test, bought him a big glass viv, and within a week he was back to eating, I think it was temperature changes and humidity what put him off feeding, at first I thought he was winter fasting, but he was still active, he seemed to hide more too in the plastic viv, whereas now he is out and about and swimming.

I dont have much experience with garters, mine was my very first snake so I bought books and did research, same with my BP and corns, I bought books about them, so you get a general idea of what they need, especially when they have been in your care for a while, its just like, "you don't know a person properly till you have lived with them lol" and I just knew he wasn't winter fasting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.