This Disappears When Logged In

YAY.

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Skeletor, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Elite Member

Our kingsnake shed for the first time today! I know its no biggie, but we've had so much trouble with our ball python shedding, and Also pinkies were not cutting it for food, we fed him a fuzzy, he had no trouble at all, and he started shedding a few days later! We got a full shed out of him and everything. He's 21 inches long!

2. RedLocks

RedLocks Elite Member

CONGRATS!!! Our baby king snake just had her first shed, too!! I used to have a B.P. with major shedding issues, so we were the same way when she shed PERFECTLY!! We actually walked into the room as she was doing it...amazing timing...and she peeled it all off in two big pieces!!! We were so proud!! Do you have pics?? I have some pics of our girl in my profile albums if you want to check em out - not sure how big yours is compared to her, but she is eating two fuzzies in one sitting now!! She also insists on eating them backwards...not sure what that's all about.

3. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I had one corn decided to shed as soon as she finished eating. I didn't even get her out of the feeding tub. I think the expanding of the skin when the swallow the food helps with a shed. I don’t know if this is true or now, just a thought.

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

WHAT !!!!! a recent shed with no pictures !!!!! congrats.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats! Im glad she shed!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Isn't it amazing the things that make us happy!;)

7. venus

venus Founding Member

Isnt that the truth!!!

Congrats.

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats definitely good news and if you ever happen to catch them shedding you should really watch. its pretty cool and neat to see. :)

9. The D

The D Mango Empress

woohoo! I always thought it was the coolest when i'd wake up in the morning and my 7' rtb left me a see threw version of himself in one piece. it's neat!

10. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Shedding, to me, of any animals is one of the most amazing things to watch (second, of course, to giving birth)

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Elite Member

I'll have to take some pics. I didnt catch him/her in the act, but one minute i was in the room, and he was getting ready to shed, and not too much time later, he was chillin with the shed in there. Our snakes shed at the same time, and our poor ball python still has irregular shed, but we finally go the humidity up so that'll help im hoping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.