This Disappears When Logged In

Yay, I Got a New Pet!!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by MadDog, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Today I went to a pet store near by to get a pinkie mouse for Twiggy and I walked out with a very cool and kinda big Madagascar Hissing Cocka-Roach.lol I absolutely love this thing!! He is so cool. All I have to do is touch him and he goes hissing crazy! I am the only one at home that does like him though. I am going to get a female sometime and start breeding them. I will probably get two or three females. I do have one problem though. What in the world can I name him!? Some help would be very nice. Thanks

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I don`t know what you can call him, but if you can fall in love with a cockroach, you`ve got VERY strange tastes!! ( Not to mention, you may well need glasses). ;)

3. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well, I might need to get my eyes checked because I already have glasses.:D I do think he is soooo cool though!

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s whatever turns you on, ( I`d like to say I can see what you mean, but I cannot tell a lie)! ;) But good luck anyway, the important thing is you obviously care about this animal...

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I want to see pictures! I'll be crazy with you, I think my dubia roaches are cool and I like to play with them. I'd have a hissing but they are illegal here.

6. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I will definitely put some crazy pics up. Just don't know when I will be able to do it. Thanks for the support by the way. We don't have our thanks button right now so I thought I would just tell yall.

7. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Oh yeah! His name is Rocha. Clever right?lol

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are you that desperate for someone to play with?? ( I`m soooo sorry for you!)! :D

9. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

just beware, the more you "play" with Rocha, the less he will hiss, my friend has some, they come out for some shows with us, they very rarely hiss,as we are no longer a threat to them...I will say they make a nice conversation starter LOL

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Yeah, he has already just about stoped hissing. I still think he is cool though. Here are the pictures that yall, or you Orca, wanted to see.lol I can't wait to get more! I don't like having just one.

Attached Files:

11. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Woke up and went to hold him. When I picked him up he didn't even hiss at all. It looks like he is getting use to me holding him already! He is alot more comfortable with me too. He moves around all over my hand and arm and just checks things out. He is definetely one of my favorite pets already.

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You people are sooo easily pleased!! :D

13. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Yep. Especially when the animal is sooo cool.lol Maybe one day you will be converted into a roach lover.lol Only time will tell. If I didn't spell something right, just over look it. I can't spell check.

14. LongSkateSage

LongSkateSage Active Member

I'm not a fan of sankes or spiders or roaches for that matter as pets, but I think there are probably people out there who don't like frogs or toads. I just think it's cool that you have another little creature to love.

15. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Yeah, LongSkateSage, everybody has their own taste in animals. I am one of the few people that just find ALL animals cool and want to own every kind of animal I can. I know that's impossible but I can try. I don't blame anyone for not liking or wanting to own something like a roach.

16. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Orca and I will take care of those animals that no one else wants. lol

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I tried really, really hard to like and love these creatures, but I`ve failed miserably. (I`m happy to say)!!
    In Australia, we get the horrible (sorry) scolopendra centipedes, my boss used to chase me with them, ever since I try extra hard not to get closer than many miles, and so far, it`s worked quite well! :D
    (But I still think you`re cool for liking every animal, so good luck)!

18. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Thanks. And I totally understand. I use to be scared of roaches. Then one day I just kinda got over the fear. Don't know how really.

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

We have about 12 males at work, and 2 females, housed separately, because we are not allowed to breed them (stupid Florida Law). None of ours hiss either - too used to being handled, as they are education animals.

20. Orca

Orca Elite Member

:p Probably. The dragons are going into hibernation mode, my ball python stresses too much to hold, and my two newest babies are still too small to have out much. Plus, I'm just weird.

Its so true! If it is "broken" or "unwanted" in any way, I want it and hug it and make it better :)