This Disappears When Logged In

Yay for Rodentpro :)

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Flint, May 7, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hey All!!

Got my first order from rodentpro today!! I had to work from 1-5 and its been above 90 degrees here all week. I checked online and found out it was delivered at 1:30 pm lol. I was a little panicked. But I got the box, got it to the studio at about 530, and everything was still frozen solid. Excellent packaging.

I didn't really anticipate that it would take about 2 hours to thaw out 3 medium rats in hot water though lol. Other than that, it went so much smoother and easier than buying live and prekilling. I now have a mini freezer full with 47 lbs of rat lol. And as an added bonus I have 2kgs of dry ice xD Not sure what kind of mayhem I shall induce with that..

Fluffy still hasn't eaten, and I think it's because she always has eaten live. But it might also be the temperature. The bulb in the tank she came with I believe isn't really up to the task anymore. Seems her basking spot is just a few degrees low. I'll try again in another 2 weeks or so. But once I get her new cage built and the temps perfect I think she will be fine. She's a nice big adult ball, she will be just fine if she doesn't want to eat for a few months lol. Either way I will be more stubborn than her :p

Jacket is becoming every bit the voracious feeder than Snakey is!! He struck and consumed his f/t rat with me walking around and working on cages with no hesitation. Snakey is eating like a champ. I didn't order small rats, because he was taking the medium size at the store with no problem. But rodentpro has different opinions on what a medium rat is lol. But he handled it :)

Freezer full of 67 rats :)

Pups, mediums, larges, XLs, XXLs, XXXLs

ratsr.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-05-06

The over all set-up in the mezzanine level of a storage area at a photography studio :)

cages.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-05-06

Attached Files:

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I've only ever gotten frozen mice from Rodent Pro but have been using them for a few years now and agree that they package things really well! :) Good luck with them.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I Loooooove RodentPro, too! I have come home at 9:00 PM and found my shipment has been on my front porch for 5 or so hours in the hot NC summer heat and upon opening what I thought would be rodent soup found a pleasant supply of mouse-sicles! They are not stingy with the dry ice at all and that is the main reason I am a Rodent Pro customer for life!

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I will be driving to Ohio in two weeks specifically to pick up a huge rodentpro order, Love their stuff and their service not to mention their sale prices LOL