This Disappears When Logged In

Yay for Poop!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by aquarles, Mar 12, 2011.

1. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Moscato finally left me a nice little present last night right where I could see it perfectly! I am so happy she finally did! I think upping her pinky size did the trick.

Now I am just waiting on her to shed :)

Going to 'The Jungle' (local reptile store) today to get her some goodies and a propper moist hide with the moss. :D

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, when they need more food, there won't be much to poop out! You should see a noticeable bulge when your snake eats. No bulge, bigger food next time.

3. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

I had her on two small pinks before and I couldn't even tell she ate and she seemed to still 'search' for more. When I got her the large pinks (giving her two of them) I noticed a nice bulge and could see her moving them down her stomach. She didn't 'search' after those and seemed quite content!

She spent the remainder of the time on her hot spot and I got my little 'present' 2 days later! It looks like a good healthy poop and trust me I would post pictures just to verify myself but I don't think everyone wants to see that ;)

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

No pics of the said poop? ;)

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I think we should have a poop thread, showing healthy and unhealthy poop!
    It such a good indicator of the health of our reptiles!

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I think winter is getting to you. A little more sun on your brain should thaw things out. :)

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It's sunny today, hope it helps!

8. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

You all brighten my day!!! :) I would have taken a picture but I already cleaned it out!

I am so on board with this idea! It would be an amazing thing for us new reptile owners to see what's good and what's not good. Or even a description of what to look for! :)

**I got a sand boa today!! Everyone check out the new thread i'll put up about it.