This Disappears When Logged In

Yall Gotta Hear This!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by andys3ballpythons, Feb 3, 2011.

1. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

check out craigslist under denver pets, there was a question about a bad shed and eye caps, i contacted them and helped out, however someone posted that you should use scotch tape to remove eye caps, yes im serious, check it out, and please put your input on that page, i cant believe some of these people!

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

actually , you can use scotch tape to remove eye caps, you just have to be very gentle, the procedure is explained in one of my vet tech exotic books. Mineral oil is also reccomended as well, applied with a q tip

I have never done the procedure myself, I would imagine if someone didnt know what they were doing, they could definately cause trauma to the eye.

Removing unshed snake eyecaps
    the procedure is also explained here, seems like a last resort, after soaking, and using mineral oil.

3. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

thats the thing, they are reccomending this to someone that is inexperienced, bad idea

4. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Yeah, your right. Its like people try to help, but dont take into account that not every one is qualified to do said procedure.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My vet (back in Michigan) said that was one option, but he said he preferred masking tape because it wasn't as sticky as scotch... He also said that was what he advised if nothing else worked, so only as a last resort.