This Disappears When Logged In

Wowzers

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by LoRno, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

Well I haven't been here for awhile...and nothing much has changed in the T department lol. I have some exciting news however...My G Pulcrha molted again and she's almost the size of my G. Rosea. She just ate her first cricket since :D. I didn't get to see her molt of course.. :(...came home from work and bam! I see two spiders...but couldn't see how big she was...then she came out and WOW! lol. It's awesome to see them grow :). Also! My friend, Benjo, just switched his veiled chameleon over to a bigger enclosure and I might be buying his old cage so it might be time for anothter T...I haven't really found anything I like at my Local shops though...

Attached Files:

2. venus

venus Founding Member

glad to see you back LoRno. Beautiful T you have. Plan on getting anymore?

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Great to hear your news Lorno, glad to hear all your Ts are well.

One question.. if you are considering buying and housing a T in the enclosure that your friend's cham was in - what on earth is the enclosure made of/size/etc??

4. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

Uhhh...The ecnlosure is of normal Terrarium stuff...glass...and a venting screen And the size of I'm not sure. It's one of those Exo Terra thinger ma bobs I think and all I know is it looked pretty sweet cause it has swinging doors in the front. My friend and I tried discussing how much gallons it held, but we always forgot or never found out. We just know the dimenions of it. It's not extremly Huge, but it is rather big for most T's I suppose. I'm still not sure if or what I am getting.

http://www.exo-terra.com/EN/products/glass_terrariums_i.html

That's it right there

5. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Sorry for the late post, i've only just seen your reply. How are the Ts?

Yes, those enclosures are pretty neat, we really want one for our frogs. But I really would urge you to reconsider housing a T in there - it's far too big. At most a fully grown arboreal, like an Indian Ornamental, might be housed in there comfortably. For something like our chile rose, who isn't quite fully grown, it would freak her out, being far too high and big. Too big a space can often stress the T out, and for ones that are terrestrial or burrowers, high sides can be dangerous, as if they attempt climbing and fall they can rupture their abdomens which can be fatal.

6. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Egads, I need to work on my arachnophobia :eek:...but *shudder* she really IS beautiful! :)

7. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

That's the only thing I was tempted to put in that cage...an aboreal species. I haven't got it yet though. So I dunno. I might be getting a Free Tarantula soon...I dunno what kind...all I know is it's orange lol. Apple thanks you all for your comments :D. On another side note My G. Rosea started eating again! After like...3 months of nothing lol.

8. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

Well....I got my free spider...oh wait Make that SPIDERS lol. This awesome super cool guy gave me 5 Usumbara Spiderlings. I'm giving a few away to my buds cause I can't really see myself having 5 lol. They're cuties :D They're prolly about an inch long maybe not even and they already eat full sized crickets lol. These things are NASTY! But oh so cute. and fast....very fast...ZOOM! lol

9. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

Hey Lorno, I totally don't find spiders cool but....the exo terra tanks are awesome aren't they? Word of warning though, crickets do escape. They climb up the "rock" back and along the screen top to the doors and out the cracks. Just my 2 cents ;)

10. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

You know what Esbat, I bet Spiders think you're cool! lol. They are awesome, kinda pricey, but cool none the less :D. I have crickets escaping their feeding container :p

11. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

lmao...then why do they scare me? I'm getting a little better, I can actually look at them now, but if they move...get outta my way, I'm running fast :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.