This Disappears When Logged In

Wow! This Stuff Could Be Great for Waterproofing

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by jarich, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Rustoleum just released a new paint called NeverWet. It not only makes stuff waterproof, it actually makes it water repellant. And it comes in a nice easy spray can. Could really make waterproofing an enclosure so much easier. Here is the youtube clip...
    NeverWet Arrives - Hands-On Product Demonstration - YouTube

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Josh, hopefully it will be available in the U.K before too long, I think it looks like a very useful product indeed!
    If they decide not to release it over here I might be persuaded to let you send me crate.... :-"

3. jarich

jarich Elite Member

I ordered some and have it arriving next week, so Ill do some tests and let you know how it goes.

4. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

Looking forward to the results.

5. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

it is currently on the shelf at walmart. IT IS NOT MEANT FOR CONTINUOUS CONTACT WITH WATER. Also is you ever scrub the surface it is applied to, the top coat must be reapplied. over time the top coat will be needed to be reapplied if the water fails to bead, or run off object. is also a warning label stating the chemicals are known to the state of California to cause birth defects .

6. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Have you checked out the MSDS for it?

7. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I wouldn't trust that around any animal. I recommend only using products that are food safe. I wouldn't be surprized if it leeches chemicals into water sources.

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

While I wouldn't use it for a pool or water feature, I imagine it would be fine if your only goal is to keep the wood from rotting. Should work about the same as any of the other chemicals we use (Polycrylic? anyone check an MSDS on that?) I wouldn't eat off of either of them.

It is generally a good idea to scrub or sand any surface you intend to pint/stain/seal. Just makes a better finished product.

10. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

11. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I might get some to treat the canopy I use for shade when I go flying rc aircraft, but I doubt I'll find a use for it with the critters. It's not really a permanent solution for them due to the occasional need for reapplication. Still a very neat product though.

12. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Ya, admittedly the more I see on it (various reviews now that its been out for a few days) the less likely it is to have any applications for the enclosures. Oh well!

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I think I would use it on the outside of the out door enclosure to keep the dog pee and rain off of them but definitely wouldnt use it on a fully contained enclosure. Maybe even on the outside of the tortoise house...