This Disappears When Logged In

Would This Be Legal?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Jay1718, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Jay1718

Jay1718 Established Member

IMG_1242.JPG I love going to flea markets and such. But it aggravates me to see animals sold with misinformation or being temporarily held in cruel or unfit conditions.
    I plan on stopping by a flea market soon in hopes of finding some fly fishing gear. I thought about printing this picture off and putting it beside the vender that sales the turtles in these little critter cages. Kinda as a buyer beware type of thing.
    It seems childish, but every time I go, I see kids carrying around these critter cages with baby turtles and wonder how many of these animals die due to lack of knowledge about their care.
    Maybe I should leave well enough alone, it was just a thought.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

I'm taking my baby Colombian Rainbow Boas to sell at an expo next month and was going to print out care sheets to send with each baby. I don't want them to die of course! I think everyone who sells an animal should provide the buyer with a complete knowledge of their care req's, even if they lose some customers in the process; anything less is cruelty.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the dark side of the reptile industry.
    The naked truth is if you tell a buyer exactly the care most reptiles take, you won't sell many of them at any shows.
    It's the impulse buys that most vendors want to make.
    Just a question to make you think. Leopard Geckos can go for $10 at shows I've seen. Do you think the vendors want to take these home again to feed them, heat them etc etc?
    IF you want to buy a reptile at a show (not recommended). Look at the tables where there's a teen/pre-teen who has bred their beloved pets.
    They might be a little pricier but you're getting a better quality animal.
    I see people walking right by these guys as they don't have much to look at. Too bad, I like talking to them.
    I too had care sheets with proper information when I was selling monitor off-spring. As that dark side really disgusts me as well.
    A time or two I might hung around to redirect some "they grow to their environment sales tool answers"
    *rant complete*

Jay1718 likes this.