This Disappears When Logged In

Would This Be a Better Home for My BP?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by trinasuders, Mar 11, 2014.

1. trinasuders

trinasuders Active Member

i need something that can keep in humidity better than the encloosure i have now so my options are to buy her a plastic tub like i see most people doing which would be nice but idk how i would set up her light or her fogger to work with the plastic tub??
    ans i also really like the fact that what she has now is glass and i can see her and it looks really nice so i was wondering what would be better for her i cold purchase this zoomed enclosure i found someone selling (ill post a pic below) or i could get her a tub if i got her a tub how would i set it up so i can use the lamp and the fogger machine? photo (1).jpg

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

That enclosure pictured wouldn't work well for a bp. They need more space to move and not height. As to the tub they are much easier. You won't need a fogger because it holds humidity very well and mostly just need a heat pad of sort. Whether a uth on a thermostat or something similar. Drill some holes for air and you're good to go

3. trinasuders

when i first got him they said i needed a day and night light to keep his schedule or something so i dont need the lamps?

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

No just heat. As long as it's in a room where it gets natural light to be able to have a night and day cycle then you're good.

5. trinasuders

awesome thank you

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And as far as keeping the humidity in the enclosure it is in now, that is just a matter of sealing off the screen top.

7. trinasuders

so could i just wrap the whole screen top with saran wrap since he would be fine with natural lighting for day and night i wouldnt have to worry about the lamp melting the plastic

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I just would seal it off with a piece of plywood or acrylic. Cut it to fit the screen area and then tape it down. I use the metallic tape used for ductwork.

9. trinasuders

alright that sounds good thank you!

10. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

And while I agree with this, be sure that the snake is NOT in direct sunlight! :) Just to specify because it can be very bad for the snake.

11. trinasuders

i can do that her cage is right by a window but not directly infront of