This Disappears When Logged In

Would Any One Like a Corn Snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by hunter0443, Jul 4, 2012.

1. hunter0443

hunter0443 Member

hi folks my sis just bought me a baby cornsnake and i dont have room for it with my ball python so i was woundering if anyone would like to buy or trade for a baby ball python the corn snake is white with red eyes

2. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

2 options:

1) Get on walmart.com, order a tank for the corn snake

2) Find a reptile shop in your area, see if they will trade with you

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Didn't she get an enclosure for it?
    Either way any new reptile should be held in quarantine for at least a month.

4. mele

mele Elite Member

Sounds pretty. I hope your able to find a home for the little guy.

5. hunter0443

hunter0443 Member

he/she is in a good home now my cousin who has corns he bought it off of me and gave me money to go get the snake that i really wanted :)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok I am confused! You were not able to keep the snake because you didn't have an enclosure for it, and now you are going out and buying another snake?

7. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

I could be confused, but it seems like you may be wanting to house another ball with the current ball you have? Am I understanding this right?

8. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

That's what i'm thinking. If that's the case, it's more than likely gonna be a nightmare for the two ball pythons..=/

9. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

@hunter0443 as you can see, housing the two of them together would be a no-no so please don't :)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Keeping a hatchling in with a larger snake is asking for trouble!

11. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

12. Crossbonecorns

Crossbonecorns Active Member

I don't recommend it, though it is done. Too much can go wrong. Stress, disease, unintentional breeding, feeding casualties ect... Best to keep them separate.

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Any new animals that come into your house should be quarantined away from your current pets. Even if you get a snake from the best breeder in the world there is always the chance it could pick up something like mite or an respitory infection from the trip to your house. So before you get a new ball python you will need a new set up just for the new snake. Keeping two snakes together is never been ideal, snakes are solitary in the wild there is no reason to force them to live together.

14. hunter0443

hunter0443 Member

i wont ill get 2 cages

15. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

ok, good. just make sure that you take good care of both of them :)

16. hunter0443

hunter0443 Member

i wont put them together ill go out and buy another tank i always thought u could because i see people who have 1 tank and like 2-3 ball pythons

17. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I don't know anyone who houses 2 or more snakes together. I own 18 snakes myself, 16 corn snakes and 2 ball pythons. All of them live in their own home. They are all eating, sheding and growing. When my eggs hatch the babies will each get their own home as well. I want to make sure I can tell them apart and of course monitor them so they can go for sale when they are thriving :)

19. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

20. Mrflay

Mrflay Elite Member