This Disappears When Logged In

Worried, Calling Vet Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by thead11, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

Hey guys.
    So I've been really worried about Jasmine here lately, so I got some reccomendations for herp vets, and I'm going to call them tomorrow to get some prices.
    Her skin is really, really dry, and she looks so skinny.
    We've tried feeding her, but she is totally not intersted in food. We spray her tank over 5 times a day, and she has a huge pan of water.
    The petstore that i talk to today said to try spraying vitamin spray on her and see if that helps any.
    Also, when I had come back from the grocery a few minutes ago, i noticed that she had pooped. But it is a strange looking poop, which makes me think even more that something else is wrong. There is a large marshmallow sized mass of urates, and another one about the same size thats green. It is almost diearrhea (sp) like. There is also some liquid brown under all this.
    Like I said I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but is there anyone that can help me as well????
    Thanks.

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Don't toss that poop, refrigerate it and take it with you.

Also, vitamin sprays are useless.

3. thead11

thead11 Elite Member

k thanks!
    is a baggy alright to keep the poop in?

4. nicole

nicole Elite Member

yes, a baggie will work, I myself was wondering how the snake was supposed to make use of the vitamin spray by spraying it on them, lol. You can get the snake a shot of vitamins at the vet.

5. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Sorry to hear about your boa hope everything goes well with the vet visit.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It sounds like she possibly has internal parasites. I would get her to the vet ASAP.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree on both points! Vet visit!
    And vitamin sprays do nothing on an animal that is essentially armor plated!
    Please let us know how it goes!

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Good luck with your snake Tessa!
    Keep us posted please :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.