This Disappears When Logged In

Worms in Water.

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Thalatte, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I found these in my dogs water. What are they and are they harmful to my dogs?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Don't know what they are but I sure wouldn't let them drink from it. Did one puke in the water or something? Any issues with anyone's poop, have their been other signs? Don't see how they would even get in the water. Is the bowl inside or outside?

3. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

I'd imagine that they must have been chucked up by one of the dogs. Looks gross and I'd definitely say a vet visit is in order if this is the case.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Water is inside. I don't think it is from vomit. Fecal samples from all dogs will be taken to the vet. None of the dogs are acting different and I haven't seen any other signs if worms.

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

They kind of look like hook worms. I would deworm the dogs. My daughter got them from our cat this winter, we dewormed the entire family, human and furry.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Can I use diatamecoue earth to deworm everyone? If so how? If not what do I need?

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I use diatomacious earth in my garden :p. I believe you can ingest it as a dewormer, but you have to get food grade. And careful not to inhale it.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

How would I get the dogs to eat it?

9. Midori

Midori Elite Member

Mix it with canned dog food?

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I used food grade diatomaceous earth to de-worm my cats several times now. Just mix it with canned food, and they don't even notice.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

OK thanks everyone! Think I could dust the tortoise salads wth the diatemceous earth to deworm them?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  12. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You don't want to dust anything with it. Its harmful if inhaled.

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh ok. Well I guess I can mix it into their mazuri mush then.

next question how much should I use? Is their such a thing as too much or too little?