This Disappears When Logged In

Worms and cork bark?

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by CodyW, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

THe other night I left some superworms in the feeder bowl for my geckos, in the morning I noticed it tipped over and no worms to be found, the ones that didnt get eaten burrowed into the substrate. I removed most of the decor(including cork bark) to see if I could round them up, I couldnt so I decided to redo the enclosure. Anyways the cork bark was in with the geckos overnight and when i checked in there this morning there was a little pile of sawdust on the bottom. Is it possible that the worms got into the corkbark and are burrowing it? And if so how can i get them out?
    Cork bark is expensive, i dont want those little buggers eating it all up!
    -cf

2. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Yep sounds like the mealworms are in the cork bark. You can try placing the cork bark in some water (put a weight on it to keep it underwater) and see if that either causes the supers to come out or drown.

3. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I would love to; but i have it glued into an enclosure with silicone, its going to be isolated for a while so ill see if he falls out, im pretty sure its only one. I am going to put this in my steps for building an enclosure: Make sure your cork bark is clean!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any other ideas how to get him out, i cant get the enclosure wet for another 24 hours!
    -cf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.