This Disappears When Logged In

Wish us luck, please!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by smallgrayfox, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

We got Spectre some larger food...he really seems ready for it... He's done absolutely fine with two fuzzies at a time, but I didn't want to do that for long. I wanted to go up in size because I was worried about Spectre getting too much undigestible stuff from multiple smaller prey. I just hope I judged the size correctly and didn't get them too big. The people at the only pet store in town that carries frozen mice, weren't sure if these were large fuzzies or hoppers. I got some that I thought were bigger than what he's been getting but small enough for him to handle. I'm not the world's greatest judge of measurements though (I'm not a visual person! :eek: ), so I hope I did ok. Time will tell! I'll let you know how he managed. Tonight's the night!

2. smallgrayfox

Oh yeah, I forgot to say why I'm asking for luck....I live in fear of encountering a regurgitated mouse....are they as horrible as I'm afraid they are? :eek:

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not if you don't mind dealing with a semi-liquid, quasi-formless, ex-rodent, that smells several days dead and half digested! :eek:

See thats not so bad at all!

Besides you will probably smell it before you see it.

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

5. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

*Spectre's cheering section* Eat Spectre Eat! Eat Spectre EAT! Gimme an E! E! Gimme an A! A! Gimme a T! T! GO SPECTRE! ;) :p I don't have a corn but I know Kikai's will back off mid-swallow if his prey item is oversized. Don't worry there will be no regurged mousey *pats Juliane's hand comfortingly*

6. smallgrayfox

Ewww, ick, Merlin! I just came in here from feeding Spectre to read your *gack* incredibly descriptive post. :eek: Bleck. :eek:

Thank you for the cheers and reassurance. Spectre's bigger meal went down beautifully (hopefully it will stay down beautifully too :D) I have to say, he has a much more pleasing lump in his middle than with the smaller ones. Somehow, this looks just right. I think he enjoyed it too. :)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Juliane my description really doesn't do it justice! Its about one of the grossest things I have ever seen or smelt! And I raised four children and have about seen it ALL!
    Seriously I am sure that Spectre will be just fine with it! ;)

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i'm sure everything will be fine. i've had my doubts sometimes when moving Blizzard onto bigger food items and i'll probably be the same way w/ Bullet but everything has worked out great so far. :D *knock on wood*

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

GO Spectre GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. venus

venus Founding Member

Good luck, let us know how she does. I am sure she will be fine.

Gee Merlin, you have such a way with words. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.