This Disappears When Logged In

Winter warmers???

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Cali, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cali

Cali Elite Member

im having trouble with keeping the temps up for my cali king and the only way i can achieve it is by leaving the lamp on it all the time, but then there is no "night time"

any ideas of keeping temps up without leaving the light on all the time?

im using a small plastic faunarium (hacthiling box), 11inch heat mat and newspaper as substrate. temps are just below at the minute as really cold outside currently.

2. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

mayb having a slightly bigger glass tank will let you regulate the tanks temps a bit if not then how about leaving the heating on in that room to keeo the room warmer since you is good ole english you should have central heating(is jealous) so that might keep the room slightly warmer at night.

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

hey Cali... you could use a red night time heat lamp. The red light does not affect their daylight cycle. Or a ceramic heat emitter.... infra red heat lamps are also not that expensive.

4. Cali

Cali Elite Member

yeah only thing with central heating is that you cant really regulate which rooms are heated its the whole house!

Cauldis i thought about that but not really sure on if and where i can buy one in UK! any ideas? or online sites that post to UK?

5. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

well you can kinda if you turn down all the other rads in th ehouse apart from the one in that room it works.you can pick up red lights in most petshops or reptile shops.Or go to www.dns-exotics.co.uk is a uk forum they could help you out.

6. Cali

Cali Elite Member

yeah i found some red night bulbs, so that'll do only £4 so i'll try that...what sort of watt should i be using? don't wanna cook her! :)
    60 or 100W

7. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

go with 40 if u are useing a small tank or 25 if it is suoer small a 60 and 100W will give out alot of heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.