This Disappears When Logged In

Winter Time Blues

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by Jay DeMore, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Anybody else out there suffering from field herping withdraw. I've been in the woods about 3 times a week and it's just to cold to find anything here in NJ. I've had to break out the bird books just to have something to do. I can't wait for spring and all the little herps to come out of hiding.

This years goal, to find and photograph as many native NJ herps listed on the endangered species guide as I can.

2. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

It's been sleeting ALL day for like two days. I've resorted to listening to the Lang Elliott Field Recordings of Maine Frogs and Toads cd :eek: No turtles for like four more months. Maybe I'll let Ginger hide in the couch cushions and pretend I'm looking under rocks getting the bejesus scared out of me by hissing and rattling :rolleyes:

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

LOL. I have the cd Calls of New Jersey Frogs and Toads in my truck.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

4. Krazie4pets

Krazie4pets Active Member

Yeah Delaware is especially known for little critters in the upper and lowers sections...its like a little farm state. I like going out to the nature societies and finding all the salmanders, newts, frogs and fishes and trying more ways to safety smuggle the little guys with stolen lunch materials. (a clear plastic cup, a plastic spoon and clear wrap.

"This years goal, to find and photograph as many native NJ herps listed on the endangered species guide as I can."

Hey that's a very cool goal. (sorry if the quoting thing doesn't work) I'm trying to figure out how to use it on the quick reply messages.

5. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

No but I'm frustrated with my beardies winter habits.

6. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Come to Florida. It's not too cold here. We had cool weather for almost a whole week this year, but now winter is long gone.

7. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

I can barely get my front door open let alone go anywhere...too much snow

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I know what you mean. I am already sick of brown, grey and leafless! Just give me a little green and sunny!

Yeah our male is crashed out for the time being too. Its driving Kathy nuts!

9. jman

jman Elite Member

I aint suffering from withdraw at all

here in the hills in california it is like 80 + degrees. Just last friday i found a hole that turned up to be a gopher hole :mad: WHERE ARE THE SNAKES? OH NVM :confused: :rolleyes: LOL hey all the bored herpers out there, have you all tried hide and seek w/ ur reptile? its very fun. its been 3 days and my ball python is still hiding. :confused: well later

Jman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.