This Disappears When Logged In

Winter is Coming!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by CryHavoc17, Nov 5, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

And that means its time for my snakes to stop eating, unfortunately.

I'm just curious as to how everybodys collection does as far as food goes over the winter. Especially those of you with multiple species. Do some stay on while others go off?

As far as my guys and gals; currently Lucy the ball python is without a doubt off feed. Its funny cuz she's still her normal active self, but she won't even look at a rat. Stryker the IJ carpet is off food as well, but thay could be a protest over not getting mice, winter, or shedding. Its probably a little of all three. The new coastal carpet (still no name for her yet) has only been here a week but has already eaten twice.

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Mine are actually still eating except for one which has yet to eat since I got her. Mine start near December usually I've noticed but we'll see. At least lower feeding costs ;-)

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Actually caught one of my big girls (BP) wrapped belly-in around her water bowl the other day, which from what I have read is a good sign. She's still eating like a pig though. Didn't have anything to breed last year though, just a single male that was up to size, but he and a few others went off food sometime in late November or early December.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The only ones that have a tendency to go off feed in my bunch are ball pythons.
    Corns boas and carpet s are still pigs.