This Disappears When Logged In

Winter and Feeding Issues?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by amyck, Dec 16, 2010.

1. amyck

amyck Member

Hey everyone-
    I've been pretty AWOL lately, so hope everyone's ok :)

I had some issues getting Lola to eat when I first got her, but for the past several months things have been great.

She hasn't been eating for the past maybe 5 or 6 weeks. At first, it was right around Thanksgiving and she had been moved and handled a lot. The week after that, I moved her into a larger tank. I understood why she didn't eat for those weeks, but she still won't.

Her temps are fine- a little cooler than the summer, but that's unavoidable. Temps range from about 72-82, on the hot and cold sides. The hottest it gets is around 86, and at night it's about 70 with an undertank heating pad. She's been hiding under the bedding lately, refusing to come out at all. She's looking a little blue and at first I thought she was about to shed, but she's been looking like this for about 3 weeks now. I read before that sometimes snakes will refuse to eat for a few weeks at a time in the winter and I shouldn't worry... but of course I worry :) I was just wondering if there was anything I could try, or if I shoudl worry.

Thanks everyone!
    -Amy

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

What species is Lola? the BP is well known for fasting during winter (our male does, but our female doesn't - their cages are in the same room, one on top of the other, identical temps, lol.)

3. amyck

amyck Member

**** i totally forgot- lola is a rosy boa :)