This Disappears When Logged In

William Escaped!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Queen 'O Green, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

I was going to take William out to get some sun today.... and discovered that he was not in his cage. I checked everywhere. I have no idea how this happened, the only thought I have is that maybe I didn't put the lid on his cage tight enough the last time I took him out... which was the day before yesterday!

I am so upset... But I know that he could still be in the room. Unfortunately, the back door, which is right by my room, has a space under it pleanty large enough fr him to get through. I am starting to freak out...

Anyway, I've read a gazilion papers about how to hunt for escaped herps and I will do my best, but I could use some prayers...

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

you have mine...best of luck. I have never lost a herp from an escape before, it must suck. Don't feel too guilty, i am sure he'll pop up somewhere.

An idea is to tell your neighbours if you have not already, if they see a snake they'll know where who t call......and if i see him i'll let you know;)

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Put out a heat mat with a brained pink on it, this could help draw him out :)
    God luck finding him!

4. Queen 'O Green

Thanks guys.... I am trying really hard not to loose hope... If it were Billboa I wouldn't be quite so worried, but William is so tiny! Barely a foot long, and there are so many places to hide.... I would call my neighbors, but honestly they aren't the nicest of people, and I doubt they would notice something that small anyway.

I will definitely put out the heat mat and food, as well as some water, as he is one of the thirstiest snakes I have ever met... Other than that, I have run out of options. I guess now it is just... wait... :(

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

awww so sorry to hear this. :( i hope he turns up safe and sound soon. it may be in some place you least expect it. just keep checking everywhere.

6. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

a little guy....that is tough

7. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Put a towl in thet gap aswell and turn down the heat.When my snakes got out in the uk the cat found them and we could see the cat interested in some thing.Look under the tv and fridge etc and you might find him.Also check under the tank he wouldn´t of gone far in a day he will be coiled up near by.

8. venus

venus Founding Member

Best of luck to you Capri...Keep us posted.

9. Queen 'O Green

OH my goodness.... Couches are an absolute nightmare. Seriously. Whoever invented the couch should be shot. I live in a sort of studio under my parents, with two rooms and a bathroom. Actually it is more like a basement turned into a bedroom. Anyway, there are two couches down here, plus a recliner. THere are sssooooo many places to hide in these things! I have taken all the cushions off, stuck my fingers anywhere they will fit, turned them all upside down and practically crawled inside some of them with a flashlight. Nothing. THere are some things I just can't move too, like my water bed, though I am half tempted to empty it anyway.

I am honestly starting to look hope. There is just so much room and he is so tiny! Plus there are some open places in the paneling... As I said, it is basically a basement. I really don't know what to do.

Thank you for all your help everybody. I'll go on the hunt again tonight, but I am afraid to get my hopes up. I just lost a cat a few months ago too, so this is just killing me. For some reason, no matter how hard I try my animals don't stick around... I know they are happy, I do everything I can for them... but all it takes is one mistake!

10. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Sean lost his baby corn around Jan-Feb and we still haven't found it.... I know someday we will look down and see the hudge snake. lol

11. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

Good luck... a friend of mine lost a small baby ball python and found it by making her apartment REALLY cold, it made the electric bill ridiculous, but she put out a space heater in the bathroom tub with some food and it turned up in the laundry bin next to it a few days later. I like the cold and had to where a sweat shirt in her place, and it was during the heat of summer, so I can't imagine what the bill was, but she said it was worth it when he came back.

12. Queen 'O Green

Awww.... I wish I could do that... Unfortunately we don't have air conditioning, but I did set out a heater for the night time, and put a hide over part of it. Who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.