This Disappears When Logged In

Wild Caught Kings

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by RossCA, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Aaran

Aaran Member

Those snakes are amazing . Do you know what morphs they are ? The 2md one looks like a brooks .

2. RossCA

RossCA Member

Sorry I don't know. The first might be a Eastern X Florida intergrade. The second one I forgot because the name is hard to say. It starts with an "S" like Swanee something. I think its an indian name maybe named after a forest or some place. Brian Hubbs mentions it in his book and told me its probably the toughest Florida king morph to find in the wild. He has a picture in his book of the same morph that blows that one away.

3. Aaran

Aaran Member

Just to let you know you inspired me too go to california to try and find some kings . Accepted to arrive in San fran on saturday morning.

4. DimitrisDaisy

DimitrisDaisy Elite Member

RossCA, I noticed in your original post you mentioned rubber boas, and I've always liked them and it reminded me how much I wanted one! Do you seen them often, and if so, where do you see them?

5. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Absolutely stunning! I wish I could get back into keeping herps =D

6. RossCA

RossCA Member

Thats great! Hope you had fun.

Are you talking about Rosy Boas? If so, I have mostly seen them on dirt roads in the evenings around summer in Riverside Co. CA. Any road that travels near or through rocky hills, is a good place to drive for boas. I've also found them under boards and rocks.

Thanks a lot!

7. DimitrisDaisy

DimitrisDaisy Elite Member

Oh, i must have misread you post, I thought you said something about rubber boas! I think they're so cool, I'd love to go observe one in the wild (as I'll likely never be able to find a captive bred one for a pet). But just seeing one would make me happy :) You must love herping!

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I read this thread earlier today and all I can say is...AWESOME PICS! I love kings and the ones posted on here were amazing. Thank you for all the information.

9. RossCA

RossCA Member

David, thanks a lot, bud. I'm glad you liked it.

I'd love to see one two. I've heard they are road cruised at temperatures in the 50's! That would be a really cool experience to find a snake in conditions most other snakes would never be found in.