This Disappears When Logged In

Why's My Snake Rattling?!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by miranda200784, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miranda200784

miranda200784 Active Member

I di it! I held her for the first time in a long time(with my gardening gloves), it took me about 15 minutes of hovering above her tank but she came out with no trouble, other than wanting to slither up my arm. Now her tank has been treated to some new things and she seems happy enough. will try again tommorow, and hopefully in a week or two i won't need the security og gloves. many thanks for everyones advice! x

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`s great, well done, you never know what you can do `til you try!! But don`t wait too long before you do it again, the more you handle, the sooner she will realise you don`t mean her any harm, so don`t wait for another fortnight, apart from when you feed her, just keep repeating it! Photo of you holding her, is the next thing!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. I would continue to handle her daily for short periods.

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I just read your post here, and I wanted to add my congratulations!!! It is always a thrill to do something that you did not previously think you had the strength or ability to do. Keep up the great work and you will be a first class snake handler in no time. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.