This Disappears When Logged In

Why Would Someone Own an Anaconda? Lol

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Jeninpa76, Sep 16, 2011.

1. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

just like the couple that got convicted for man slaughter when there Burmese Python escaped and killed there son.

2. Horselover

Horselover Elite Member

Because. Who wouldn't love a dangerous, laz,y man-eating, people crushing, baby-eating, cat crunching, dog mauling twenty foot invasive snake? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

3. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

exactly. it's just my credo, but I'll never keep an animal in my house if it can kill another animal in my house that i'm not willing to lose. there's just too much risk there.

4. Mike55

Mike55 Well-Known Member

To be honest the only truly dangerous Herp i would ever consider owning would be a Gila Monster and even that is going to be a while in the future.

5. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

An animal in captivity is only dangerous if it is allowed to be so. Snake escapes, don't want it to eat your cat? Move the cats until said snake is found (i.e. Dragoness and her current situation with Peaches :p )

Take away the factor of it escaping, which only comes down to human error, it's not dangerous - it's a big thing in a box.

Quite franky, had Isis (my savannah monitor) with her bulky, fast, pointy-toothed self got out and my dog or cats provoked her, she could do some damage. Is that going to keep me from keeping large monitors in the future, nope. My animals are properly housed and are kept in rooms inaccessible to the ones that free-roam the house; precautions are taken.

It's never really the animal's fault - it's being an animal.

6. Mike55

Mike55 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but some animals are dangerous. Venomus Snaes in there snakes are still dangerous. Crocs and Gators in captivity are still dangeorus.

7. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

well I'm the type of human who makes plenty of errors. lol

8. FervidBrutality

If they're in their enclosures, securely, they only become a threat when you enter their home - so stay out :) You don't have to hold an animal to appreciate and respect it.

9. FervidBrutality

Accepting that helps a lot. Haha. Understand what you can & cannot care for is probably rule # 1 :p

10. Mike55

Mike55 Well-Known Member

I see what you mean.

11. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Though I think Jen's more worried about the cats eating Peaches.

12. chevyzilla

chevyzilla Well-Known Member

Im sorry but there is a line. Comparing a Monitor to an Anaconda is rediculous. That goes back to the whole apples and oranges thing, there is no comparison except that they are both round. A Monitor and an Anaconda are both reptiles and thats about it. To my knowlege there has never been a Monitor swallow an infant or child. Im just sayin.