This Disappears When Logged In

Why Won't My Baby Boa Eat?

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by ChrissieStoubos, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ChrissieStoubos

ChrissieStoubos New Member

Hi there

I have a baby Albino female boa she was born 07/05/2013 and i have had her since Sunday 28th July 2013 but she just wont eat!
    I tried to feed her on the sunday i got her beacuse she hadn't eaten in two weeks but she was refusing, so i asumed she just wanted to settle. I left her for two days without touching her and i tried to feed her again last night but she didn't seem interested at all! I tried a small mouse but then thought it might just be too big so changed to a pinky and left her in a little tub in her tank over night and she still hadn't eaten it this morning!

What do i do? please help!

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Can you tell us your set up, temps, how your measuring, what your trying to feed? There's a sticky at the top with this stuff for a reason.

Two days needs to be turned into one to two weeks with no handling. Please read a caresheet.

3. ChrissieStoubos

The temps are 34 degress celcius in hot area and 27 is colder area, she is in a 3ft by 1ft tank with wood shavings and newspaper at the bottom she has a hut and plenty of wood bits to hide in, i have a dimming heat lamp and heat mat and i spray water in every day to keep some humidity in there especially in this hot weather! She hasn't eaten since the 16/07/13. The people i got her off at a reptile show told me to keep her with it over night if she wont go for it and she will eat it during the night but she still wont, I am trying to feed her a small mouse (what she was on before) so i don't have a clue what to do next? she is quite skinny as she had only been eating every two and a bit weeks before i had her so i am a bit worried

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Are you trying to feed live or frozen thawed overnight? Please say frozen thawed. Make sure the body temperature of the mouse is warm. Just thawing isn't enough. I use a blow dryer for about 30 seconds. Never leave a live mouse in with your snake it could kill your snake.

Check the type of wood shavings its on there are some types that are toxic to reptiles.

Leave it alone for a few days and try to feed again.

5. ChrissieStoubos

I am feeding frozen thawed would never like to feed a live! i leave to thaw for 8 hours while im at work and i do blow dryed it to warm it up for her!

Thanks for your help!