This Disappears When Logged In

why is there a arachnid section in a herp site?

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Giarc, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giarc

Giarc Member

I mean really spiders and scoirpions and stuff on a reptile site. :confused:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

weve got a load of spider and scoirpion owners here...especially matt!!!

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

yup definitely alot of scorp, tarantula and invert keepers here. i'm not one but there are tons of pics of them here. lol :)

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

We found alot of members requesting an arachnid/invert category when we first started HC,,,and it being our focus "to aim to please" our members we added it,,,with great success.

5. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Besides Inverts are part of the hobby. You may not like them but there are many people out there who do.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

When pet stores first started carrying inverts (arachnids and other buggies)there wasn't enough interest to justify them having a section of the store all their own. They were usually carried by herp specialty shops or if in mainstream pet stores they were found in herp sections. People tended to associate them with herps since at the time neither were really considered a "regular" pet. This is changing. I have no great interest in inverts myself but many of our members do.
    And several of our members wanted an invert section.
    And so it was! ;)

7. ReptileMan27

ReptileMan27 Elite Member

Inverts are always found with herps in pet stores and alot of people consider them one in the same. No they are not reptiles but alot of people that do keep reptiles also keep inverts,like me and lots of others. Inverts popularity keeps riseing.

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

The majority of herp related forums I see also include a section for invertebrates. This is partially because a great deal of herp keepers also keep inverts. Its sort of the same crowd I guess you could say. Spiders and such seem to be more popular with people that keep snakes than with people that keep hamsters, for example. We also have a general section, where non-herp related stuff can be discussed, so technically that doesn't really fit into the herp scene either :p

Besides, if we didn't have an invert section, I would have requested one anyway. Bugs rule :D

9. fangsalot

fangsalot Elite Member

preach on brother!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.