This Disappears When Logged In

Why does my crested gecko poop on me?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hayleyleigh, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayleyleigh

Hayleyleigh New Member

So, i have a new crested gecko named Petrie. He's a little over a year old and tailess. I've had him for 2 months now and he appears to have adapted to his new surroundings quite nicely. I've followed strict handling rules, only holding him 3 times a week at this point so he's not overstressed. About a week and a half ago he developed a strange habit. When I take him out of his tank, he hangs out for a while, gets comfortable, and then proceeds to poop on me. Is this something that happens often? Does he do this because he's comfortable with me? It's not that I'm bothered by it, I can't help but laugh. I'm just a little curious to see whether anyone has had similar experiences.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

sometimes my frogs poop on me. I find they do this if they haven't been up very long.

3. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Hi Hayleyleigh,

Welcome to Herp Center! Is it always around the same time every time that this happens? Hope you enjoy the site!

4. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

welcome!

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I have a bearded dragon who wont defecate in his enclosure, he can hold it for days if he has to but once he's out he goes. Maybe Petri just doesn't like having the mess in his cage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.