This Disappears When Logged In

WHOOHOO I got it!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Jem_Scout, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Hubby bought me an Okeetee Corn yesterday!
    Don't know the sex or have a name for it yet but that will come soon enough.
    It's orange with barely any black around the red saddles and has a really solid orange belly from the tail to 3/4 up and then it's white, black and orange checkered from there to the head. It was in a tank labeled, red corns, but the guy had no idea what kind of "red corn" they were and neither did my hubby! LOL I guess I'll find out when it grows up huh? It's about 18 inches long (guessing). It's eating f/t so at least hubby had the brains to ask that much about it! ;) Either which way, if it's a Red or just a normal Okeetee, I love it anyhow! It's mellow as heck for a young Corn too!
    Sorry, I don't have any pics and even if I did have any, I wouldn't know how to post them :p
    Thanks for hearing me ramble! lol
    Jem

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

OOPS< i forgot to say....it has a vet appt for Monday right away! :)

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great news. Congratulations on your new friend!!!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Way to go Jem...now how about some pics. lol ;)

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Congrats !!! I love Oakeetee's have one myself and personally beleive they are the prettiest of the Corns

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Ken? Do you know anyone that has those really dark Okeetees? The ones with the wider black bands on their saddles?
    I think those are SO cool!!

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Congrats on the new corn, they are cool snakes, we need to see pics :D

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Mine looks like your Ken!! Does yours have an orange belly? Then have white/black/orange checker towards the head?
    I was researching Blood Red Corns and there was one that looked exactly like mine as a baby but they didn't have an adult pic of it. They did say she turned out to be a blood red. Think it's possible with mine seeing as though it was in a tank marked "red corns"?
    All this mixing up snakes just to get another color confuses me! :p
    Any chance you can get a pic of the snakes in that shop by you Ken?

I'll get pics posted as soon as I take pics and thn figure out how to post them lol

Jem

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Tolkiens belly is white with an orange tint with the usual checkerboard markings. I'll try and get pics of the ones I mentioned. The pic of Tolkien was taken in march, he is now over 3 1/2 feet long (only 19" in dec.) so he is growing at a rapid pace. I was worried a little at first but realized that he is rarely in his tank (we have a large stick suspended from the ceiling) and a 40 gal breeder, so he's basically growing to his environment. heres a pic of the stick, it runs the length of my sons bed in case he falls off and wont get hurt (hasn't fallen yet)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/kenman1963/MVC-012S.jpg

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

A free roaming snake Ken??? :eek:
    What if you squish him!? :(

13. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Thanks for the link Ken.... I love it! :)

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Not free roaming. He stays on his stick almost the whole day,,,,,loves it,,,,stares out the window and watches the kids play ball. never once tried to climb off, and being 3 1/2 feet long and about 1 1/2 inches thick I doubt he'd get far.---not to mention that my wife frets over her like a newborn !!!!. KJ is usually in the room on the bed when he's out and if not the whole family checks on him whenever we walk by

15. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Now THAT'S cool!! I have too many other animals to let my snakes just hang out like that. I'm jealous Ken lol :p But then again, it's like my Iguana hanging out on the back of the couch all day! :)
    OK, I'm not jealous anymore! LOL

16. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

See,,,,,it all works out for the individual,,,,,,I'm a snaker, your an Iger

17. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

*sings* "Wouldn't you like to be an Igger to? Be an igger........just be an Igger!" LOL

(that Dr Pepper song! ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.