This Disappears When Logged In

Whites Tree Frog Care Sheet

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by Rich, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

2. Rich

If you would like to add to the information found within this caresheet, or perhaps discuss the contents of this caresheet, I invite everyone to do so.

If you wish to donate some images of your Whites Tree Frog for use within this caresheet, with credit being given to you of course, please add them to this thread as well.

This thread is now a "sticky" at the top of the "Tree Frogs" forum.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Discussion within this thread is ONLY relevant to the caresheet found in the first post. Please do not ask questions about caring for your animals in this thread. Start a new thread in the appropriate forum for the species in which you need answers.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

For the caresheets, can we add US measurements (inches, fahrenheit) instead of only european measurements (centimeters, celcius)

here is a good photo of philip, and one of greenie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Rich

Most of the caresheets do use the U.S metric system. Rachel is from the U.K and she wrote several of the caresheets. I will try to get around to adding the U.S system beside her numbers tomorrow. ;)

Thanks for the pics!

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I also want to throw out there that the chlorinate water doesn't harm them as long as the contact is not constant. In fact when I first got one of mine it had an eye infection and I was told that the best way to treat it was to just not put the dechlorinater in the water for a week. it went away in about 3 days... This also means that as long as you wash your hands to remove any possible chemicals from them you should be fine touching your frog. you don't need to worry about washing them in dechlorinated water.

6. schlegelbagel

yup, i handle mine on a daily basis. They like the "out" time.

7. Rich

Hello,

Most people won't take the time to consider washing their hands prior to holding the frogs. Some species of frog have extremely sensitive skin and the natural oils found in the human hand can actually cause issues for them. Couple that with people that don't wash their hands before handling, and the potential for problems increase.

Informing people to not handle their frogs unless necessary helps to alleviate the chance they may contaminate or poison the frog with chemicals or debris on the hands. Most people who use care sheets are new to keeping the animal.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Do you find the White's to be the most human-social of your frogs?

9. schlegelbagel

They are indeed, however over the past year they have strangely become less. I used to open up the front doors and I would get pelted with 4 or 5 frogs at a time, now once in a while Grace wants out. I only take them out if they want out.