This Disappears When Logged In

White Spot on Beardy Lip.

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Whiskey78, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Whiskey78

Whiskey78 Member

I got this guy/girl 2 weeks ago and this white spot seems to come and go. Is this the early stages of lip rot/something else or normal? His hot side is 95-100 and cool side around 85, he is a little over 6 in long and not sure about age. I can take more pics or give more information if it helps. Thanks in advance for the help.

20131023_195718.jpg 20131023_195648.jpg

2. Whiskey78

Whiskey78 Member

No suggestions?

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, have you noticed the dragon rubbing it`s mouth against anything, because it looks as if there`s a scab on the bottom lip?
    What type of thermometer/hygrometer are you using (analogue or digital) and what`s the surface temp at the basking site?

4. Whiskey78

Whiskey78 Member

Thanks for the reply. I have not noticed her rubbing her mouth against anything, except when she shed a few days ago but it was there before that. I use a digital thermometer, his basking rock is 95-98 surface temp read with a temp gun, but he climbs up a little plant next to his rock a lot and the digital probe reads up to 106 when I put the probe there for a few hours to check the temp there.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

What type and wattage are the heat and light bulbs?
    You need to apply something to the scab, I recommend a diluted iodine solution: 1 (one) part iodine to 50 (fifty) parts water (quite weak), only apply to the lip surface not into the mouth once per day (use a Q-tip), if it doesn`t improve within 3 or 4 days you`ll need to see a vet, as in the worse case it might develop into stomatitis (mouthrot), but it doesn`t necessarily mean it is now or will be (better safe than sorry).
    I need to log out very soon, keep asking questions, it`s sometimes pretty quiet on the forums on a friday, but hopefully others will respond also.

6. Whiskey78

Whiskey78 Member

A couple baths and a little picking and the white stuff flaked off. I'm keeping a eye on it for now. Thanks for the help.