This Disappears When Logged In

White Patch on My Basilisk

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by HerpChickOrl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. HerpChickOrl

HerpChickOrl Member

I have a female brown basilisk that has a strange whit patch on her side. It does not look like shedding. Any ideas on what it is and how to treat. image.jpg

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What are her cage conditions? It kinda looks like a fungal infection but its hard to tell from the picture. Can you get one with better lighting?

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I agree, a better lighted picture would help. If not a fungal infection, could it be a burn possibly? How close can your basilisk get to her basking light?

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I third that, can we have a closer photo?

5. HerpChickOrl

HerpChickOrl Member

It is not a burn she can't get that close to the light. It looks like a fungal to me. Not sure how to treat. I can't get a better pic because she tries to bite.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What about using a flashlight will taking a pic? Point the flashlight at her when she is sitting still and quickly snap a pick.

7. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Can you at least handle her? If you can't handle her because she bites, and it IS a fungal infection, you won't be able to treat it. Often, if it is fungal, the advice is to seek a qualified vet. Fungal infections usually have underlying causes that need to be treated before the superficial symptoms can be taken care of. After that, baths in diluted betadine can help as well. You will likely need to figure out a way to handle her (i.e. by using gloves) in order to properly care for this.