This Disappears When Logged In

White Lipped Python

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by 30mm, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

I stumbled across one of these guys on the web today and they are pretty! Anybody have experience with these guys?

2. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

Ever so slightly familiar. Nocturnal, picky eater, very shy, but extremely patient and gentle. Liked really quite places. Known to have delicate respiratory systems and like moist climates (70-80% humidity) but not too extremely moist as this could cause respiratory infections).

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Yeah have a little experience.... quite tricky snakes. Also my friend has one at the moment he is battling with...regurging etc... not good.

All the ones I have worked with have been psychotic!! They come out of their hides to bite, but I've heard they calm down as they grow. Not for the inexperienced.

4. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

Well, definitely not a snake for me then haha

5. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

You can try one of my garters. (grin) They too were born yesterday. (ha-ha).
    No really, I would definitely wait on one of these. I now have a Savu, which looks similar to the white lipped without all of the complete blackness and iridescence. I settled for her because they are suppose to be a hardier breed. They tend to be very territorial, however and stay smaller. White lips can get up to 10 feet!!!

6. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

10 feet... Wow, you learn something new every day! haha!

7. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

Well actually, the northern golden phase will only reach about six feet. The southern black phase can get 9 but the females can get larger. My luck.... well, is just my luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.