This Disappears When Logged In

White-lipped Python Bite.

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by David McConley, Apr 25, 2010.

1. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Her you go Stefan- I promised if I ever got bit again, I would send you pics so here they are.

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Excellent photos David, thanks, I`d almost given up hope, still, like they say: "Patience is a virtue", so I`m very pleased with myself for being so virtuous! And now, finally, I can have a good night`s sleep, instead of tossing and turning , worrying myself sick as to when you`re going to post some decent shots of a "hit", once again, THANK YOU my friend for life! :p

Gee, I almost forgot; are you o.k????? :eek:

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL Poor David- With friends like these...Looks painful, thank you for sharing? :eek: agh!

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Nifty - I really like the way the white lipped pythons look - they are also on my eventual list. I don't mind a nippy snake (Somehow I think I'm going to be the next person getting pestered for bite pictures - I have a small one from the knight anole I took in yesterday)

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Far be for me to pester anyone for pics of a bite, but don`t forget to post pics Jen.... (Thanks).

In the meantime, do you have one of the small bite you took yesterday from the Knight Anole?? (Thanks).

6. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Owie! Looks like the snake has a good sized mouth on him! Makes the little nips my milk snake gave as a hatchling look like pin pricks :)

7. David McConley

Stefani you my friend are most welcome! Glad to accommodate you. Also glad you are sleeping easier.

LovetheBaruu-i don't mind Stefan being blood thirsty, it is no less than what I would say to him (kindred spirits and all).

Jen- I highly recommend these snakes if you like 'em spirited, this is the one for you.

Orcai I'm a big guy = big snake bites; you are a not so big person = little snake nips lol. Just joking- actually, I had him in my hand and he caught me on top of the knuckles so it looks worse than it is.

Glad everyone likes the pics, if the Burmese ever gets me again, you all will be the next to know. ;)

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Dang. I can say that I haven't had the pleasure of a large snake bite, only from a very tiny snake that thought my pinkie finger WAS a pinkie.LOL
    It didn't hurt like those look like they did. :(

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Most of our animals are "spirited". I consider the occasional bite an occupational hazard - I have always thought the white-lipped pythons were beautiful creatures. Are they readily available at shows? I have never really looked. Time to do some research!

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Awesome David!! The only snakes I have right now aren't big enough to deliver a bite like that yet. (Ahh...dreams of the day when they are bigger.:rolleyes:)

11. David McConley

Lucysfriend- The bite really isn't THAT big. Total space it took up on my hand is about 2" x 1". I hardly even felt it.

Dragoness- they seem to be becoming more popular, although I have only seen males available lately-i am trying to talk the wife into letting me get a female once the snake room is set up. Also there are 2 types- the gold ones which I have, and one that is all black except for the white-lips. The black ones are generally calmer and less spirited.

Maddog-It won't be long until you will be getting tagged and showing off your own "battle scars". Be sure to keep us posted.

12. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Ok, am I the only one with a snake that DOESN'T look forward to being nipped or bit or tagged?!!?!?! :rolleyes:

Not that I have an issue with it, as I know it is a possibility - but I'm actually trying NOT to have anything to share.... sheesh, you people are nuts :D

... and to think, all you guys (and gals) were crucial in helping me GET a snake! What was I thinking...

David, I'm glad you are ok and I know you deal with the BIG BOYS of snakes, but you really shouldn't encourage Stefan -- he doesn't need any help... :p LOL

..oh, by the way, is there a picture of the accursed creature that did that to you???

13. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

Nice bite marks. I actually almost got it feeding my smaller (6') red tail about ten minutes ago. The way it works around here is everything poops on my wife and bites me. I think I have 3 or 4 snakes that haven't whacked me yet. I think it is part of the excitement of owning snakes you can't tell when they're smiling. By the way at least the love bite came from something pretty. LOL.
    Gary

14. Frognut

LOL!! Oh no!! Not you too!! ... (although, after cleaning up Cicero's BIG poop today - I might change my mind. I'm thinking a small nip might be better than getting that poopy mess on me - YUK!)

15. David McConley

Hey Stephanie- You are right, no one NEEDS to encourage Stephan! It sure is fun though, lol. I am going try to post some photos of the "little nipper" for you. This is him, if you want more, you can check out my profile page and look at my photos- Betelgeuse is the offending party.

Gary- you and I are cut from the same cloth-If you're going to get bitten, you might as well show it off and enjoy it.

Attached Files:

16. David McConley

I forgot there are also some photos of him in a thread all his own. The thread is titled surprisingly enough, Betelgeuse. Enjoy.

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

David you just forgot to put up the sign,...

DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS!

LOL!

18. Frognut

Well he sure is a beaut - but I don't think he qualifies as a 'little nipper'! and his name is perfect!

19. David McConley

Thanks Merlin, I'll have to paint one for his cage. Lol!

Stephanie-he sort of qualifies as a little nipper since my BIG burm (only 12 or so feet, do not a real big burm) bit my hand the day after I got him- since it was Thanksgiving, I guess he wanted some turkey (me) also. Of course, I had to dig a tooth out of my hand. Betelgeuse is only about 3.5 or 4 feet long and about as big around as a cue stick. Thanks for enjoying the name I gave him. It just came to me after the third or fourth bite.

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Of all our snakes, our large boa (Akasha) is the smartest, and the worst as far as biting. No pics of her injuries, and thankfully, her aim is atrocious - she usually hits a hand or the shoulder (she is a face-biter). This is the sign we have on her cage - maybe you need one too David.

Attached Files: