This Disappears When Logged In

Whiskey and Echo

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by katemena, Jul 29, 2011.

1. katemena

katemena Member

Here are some updated images of Whiskey, my Kenyan sand boa!
    Since getting him on June 5th, he has eaten 3 times and shed 3 times! He didn't eat for the first few weeks that I had him, took him a while to adjust, but once he started, there was no stopping him. He's doing great and clearly growing at a fast pace with 3 sheds under his belt.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And below are pictures of my boyfriends Mandarin Rat Snake, Echo. Aren't his colors beautiful??

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

beautifull snakes :) and nice clover tatt aswell lol :D

3. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

Those snakes are gorgeous! My local pet shop has a kenyan that I want super bad! Can I ask what you are using for substrate for the ratsnake?

4. backwoodsgecko

backwoodsgecko Elite Member

Very nice snakes! Echo's colors are gorgeous.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Beautiful snakes... Love the names. (I'm halfway through season 2 of "Dollhouse.") ;)

6. katemena

katemena Member

I use a substrate called dessert snow for both snakes, it's so easy to clean and both snakes love burrowing in it! I would highly recommend it!

And thanks everyone for your nice comments!

7. CrazyCylax

CrazyCylax Well-Known Member

Looks like vermiculite. Which is safe.
    How much was it? Also te rat snake is beautiful.
    There's a Kenyan sand at our pet store for 50 bucks. There snakes are cheep.
    I was gonna get it but I prefer adopting snakes as a baby

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I just love the Kenyan Sand Boas, he is gorgeous:x

Love the colors of the Mandarin Rat Snake, they look like they are painted, so vibrant!

9. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice looking snakes.. My daughter especially has been asking for a Anerythristic Sand Boa that looks like yours, ever since she saw one at a Reptile show..I told her we already have enough animals to care for and don't need anymore....But if we were to add to our family, an Anerythristic Sand Boa like yours would certainly be at the top of the list....something about the whole black and white pattern scheme is just so appealing.

10. Johnny

Johnny Elite Member

My girlfriend and I got a chance to handle one at the Reptile Super Show belonging to Brother Boas and it was such a beautiful little snake! I've been looking up care info on them ever since and will definitely get one someday. Too bad my mom forbids snakes in the house. :(

Oh, and I almost forgot! Yours is so nice! Very much smaller than the one I held (adult females grow to be real impressive snakes)