This Disappears When Logged In

Which One?

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Brewster320, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

Ya so I've decided that my next herp will be a snake of some sort, and its either going to be a ball python, another corn, or a rat snake. Out of those 3 choices I'd like a rat the most and I have three in mind and I'm not sure which one would be best. My three choices are a baird's rat snake, and everglades, or a russian. The russian is probably the least likely because they a close to impossible to find in the states but I'd like a comparison of the 3 and what everyone thinks would be the best choice. Thanks

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Rat snakes are not one of the more commonly kept species. But hopefully someone can help you out.

3. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Personally, I'd go with a Ratsnake.
    There are tons of varieties, My favorite being either the Red-tailed Green Ratsnake, or Leucistic Texas Rats (blue eyed).

I think of the three i'd go with the russian or the everglades over the baird's though.

Though it also comes down to what aspects your looking for in a snake, One you can play with more? one whos more active? appearance?

4. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

I've (kinda) got all three.

I have a bairds, yellow & korean.

Go with the bairds they are more active and handle the best. My orangish yellow rat snake is squirmy to hold and my amur rat snake hides all the time, and I mean all the time.

Bairds are very friendly. The young ones may bite sometimes but they grow out of that in the first year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.