This Disappears When Logged In

Where to feed the Ginginator?

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Microscope Jockey, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

At the moment I feed Ginger the bull snake in her cage but I was thinking about starting to feed her in a tub, however I'm not so sure this is a good idea because:

a.) sometimes she gets very agressive after she feeds
    b.) she's going to get a lot bigger :eek:

I'm only considoring this for the silly reason that I was thinking about changing her substrate to cypress mulch or something else nicer-looking that she can burrow in and I wouldn't want her to swallow it. Feeding her in the cage works just fine and if you guys don't think I should move her I won't.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Feed her in the tub and use a snake hook to remove her when she's finished. We noticed both our snakes calmed down regarding entry into there viv once we went to seperate feeding tanks. They learn rather quickly to associate. Here's a quick link to a hook from our esteemed Admin that works quite well
    http://www.herpcenter.com/article.php?a=41

3. Microscope Jockey

She's not agressive about me reaching in after she feeds ( I know better ;) ) she tries to get me through the glass immediately after feeding sometimes. Thanks for the link :)

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I would let Ginger eat where ever the heck she wanted to! :p
    She's got attiude! LOL
    But I like it. :cool:

5. Microscope Jockey

Oh come now Ginger is very pleasant, she's just a little noisy at times, it doesn't mean a thing :p She has never once tried to bite me when I handle her. Not that I'd mess around with her after she has eaten ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.