This Disappears When Logged In

Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by jshrad, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

I will be purchasing a common boa within the next week or so but I am still looking at where to buy from. They have three at my local pet store but the only way I would buy from there is if I had no other options. Thanks in advance!

2. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Well there are plenty of boa people out there, Im not sure if you have, but check out the kingsnake.com classifieds for boas, plenty of good people advertise there, and at faunaclassifieds.com as well.

3. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Yes, I have been searching at both of those, I would just like to keep my options open. Thanks for your suggestions.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My personal preference is to buy from breeders, usually at shows. Having worked in the pet industry I don't have much faith in the general, run-of-the-mill, pet shop.
    At least at shows I can talk to the breeders and see if they actually know their stuff!

5. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

We've gotten two snakes from pet shops and we love them, but overall I prefer to by from the breeders at shows. We got our other two at a show, and it was so nice to be able to speak directly to the breeder and ask any questions I had. In the future, whenever I decide to go for it and sneak a new snake into the house when my husband isn't looking :rolleyes:, it will be one I get at a show...I never really trust the pet shops.

6. topacelot

topacelot Elite Member

I think Alex Hue... www.alexhuereptiles.com is based in michigan...only heard good things about him...I've been on the forum there for a while and am sircat there

I know he has a pastel line but think he has normals too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.