This Disappears When Logged In

Where Oh Where Has My Boa Gone...

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by mrslithers, Jan 17, 2014.

1. mrslithers

mrslithers Member

Ok, so I usually keep ball pythons but branched out and got myself a BCI type red tail boa, it has been and hopefully still will be a wonderful adventure, then 6 days ago he got out, two nights after feeding night, my roommate has so much decorative crap that its like finding a needle in a hay barn, not a stack a barn, I am considering burning all this crap one by one until I find my boa back, but I can't do that so aside from the search method and setting out heat pads and hides what should I try

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

They usually dont go to far from their cage so lay on the ground near the cage and look to find any small confined spaces he may have crawled into-under a shelf, into a shoe, inside a couch, etc. Generally they will follow along the walls so start there.
    Also pour rows of flour around the perimeter of the room and especially in door ways and in front of vents. This way you can actually see if a snake has passed one way or another.

3. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Make sure before you turn on any electrical or mechanical appliances like drier, washer, stove, heater, whatever, that your boa is not inside. Take out the drawers, look inside the furniture and cupboards, clothing, boots and shoes etc. You have to turn the place inside out. Do it systematically. Look in warm dark places. Check the A/C unit or behind the toilet on the pipes etc. etc.

4. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

find it yet