This Disappears When Logged In

Where is Everyone From?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dan_rump, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_rump

dan_rump Elite Member

where are YOU from? i'm from good ol' warsaw, Indiana. :) the orthopedic capital of the world... little city... no good jobs... expensive living... and hate it here. :)

and who goes to the indy reptile expo?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I"m outside of baltimore, but grew up in buffalo. I'm on the fence if I miss the snow or not.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Born in California but lived most of my life in Oklahoma City

4. dan_rump

dan_rump Elite Member

last i knew we are supposed to get around 10 inches. the only good reason for winter.... EBRAKE SLIDING!!!!!!!!!

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Born in Virginia but spent most of my life in Texas.

6. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Born in California,, been in washington for some years lol.

7. em2mccue

em2mccue Member

born in virginia, raised in washington, pa, live in manitou springs colorado now

8. schlegelbagel

wait, you said expensive living? Honey, you have NO IDEA. Come to Baltimore, I'll show you around. ;)

9. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

One of my good friends is from there, and my girlfriend is from Peru, IN. I've actually been to Warsaw.

I'm from Bismarck, North Dakota. Spent about 7 months in Texas, and almost 4 years in Maryland. I just got back to ND this week, but I think I might move back to MD if I can find a job there.

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Born and raised in New York, moved to Virginia 12 years ago (3 years in Hawaii in the mid 80's)

11. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Born in California, still in California. After all when you live in paradise, why leave. :cool:

12. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Born and raised in Midwest City, OK. Lived in VA for a couple of years and now in Maryland opposite side of Baltimore from Liz.

13. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

14. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Born cape town...lived and grew up in Durban most my life. Born and raised african

15. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Born in Milwaukee WI
    Lived in NC hated it lol
    Baltimore for a bit
    Lived in LA for a bit (very expensive):eek:
    Came back to WI love it here :)

16. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Born in Northwest Florida, grew up mostly in Central Florida, got married in Northwest Florida, now I live in a different part of Northwest Florida. Boy, that sounds so boring. I need to move somewhere exciting! :rolleyes:

17. schlegelbagel

What part? The hubby and I have been considering moving to the coast.

And what part of Baltimore? City? Suburbs? I've moved all around Baltimore.

18. big fred

big fred Elite Member

we live on a farm just north of west bend, wisconsin. cows are just 40 yards from the back door. although we really appreciate a breeze out of the west, don't think i'de like livin' in the city. you know that old saying, "the more people i meet the more i like my frog".:cool:

19. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Jacksonville NC
    It was in the late 80's it was either very poor area cause of the "red tide" or military so a lot of pawn shops, strip clubs ect LOL Now dont get me wrong I have nuthin against the military :)
    It just wasnt my scene and I missed the snow at xmas something awful!
    Baltimore it was right in the inner city the crime really freaked me out and the homeless you gotta think I was only 18 at the time
    I was staying with my Ma at the time and there was a murder right next door in her apartment complex I moved back within weeks lol
    I love big cities but that kinda scared me and I was young

20. schlegelbagel

yeah, well many parts of Baltimore are still like that today. Pretty sad. We are giving Detroit a run for its money on the murder rates. Too much poverty and drugs.

I lived in one of the nicer city areas near my college, but then moved out to the county once I got my new car. My insurance went from $85 a month to $165 a month. If i wanted full glass coverage it was going to be $202. No thanks.

Plus, my job was out in the county, so I didn't have to drive too far. I do miss living in the city though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.