This Disappears When Logged In

Where do you keep your Herp food?

Discussion in 'General' started by Colleen, Jan 12, 2006.

?

Where do you keep your Herp food

1. I'm cool, we share the same refrigerator

55 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. No way, they have to have their own refrigerator, no frozen mice in my refrigerator

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Me and my beasts share the same freezer and refrigerator too

2. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Snake food gets a different freezer, parent issues... I don't see anything wrong with keeping frozen rodents with human food, if they would have a bad effect on human food, no way would I be feeding them to the snakes :S

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

I had to go for the second option, but not because I'm opposed to keeping frozen snake food in the same freezer as our food (we did for a long time, and even when we lived at my mum's she had no problem with rodents being in with our dinner:p ), but simply because we now have a separate freezer for our snake food, as we ran out of room in our own freezer! Too many snakes..... (is there such a thing?:D ;) ).. would you believe, 'they're' freezer is much larger than our own!!?!:D

4. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

We share...I don't see much difference in the meat for the snakes or meat for us. It's all dead raw animals. We have rats in our freezer right under the popsicles. :)

5. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

Only have the veggies and the greens. No problem sharing here! LOL

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

6. Libra

Libra Member

In the freezer Bottom self in a bright purple box with mice written on it. The guy that sold her told mum stories i think they really freaked her out. the mice have there own defrosting bowl and teatowel

7. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

I keep all my mice in the same freezer as the food we have two freezers,one small and one big,All the meat and mice go out side because it is huge.

8. joe_crash

joe_crash Active Member

I have the frozen rats in the downstairs freezer, the mealworms and nightcrawlers in the upstairs refridgerator. All next to food. No big deal. It's not like you're actually gonna mistake the mealworms for macaroni salad. Eww, that would be pretty nasty though!

9. Marcel_h

Marcel_h Member

I keep my frozen mice in the freezer next to my pizza's and stuff insects just are standing some where in the house

10. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

I buy several months supply, so I have to keep them in the deep freezer along with our bulk meats. I have kept feeders in our regular freezer though. Good thing there are no kids at home anymore, wouldn't want them going in the deep freeze for a pop-cicle and ending up with a rat-cicle.;)

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.