This Disappears When Logged In

Where do you keep your Herp food?

Discussion in 'General' started by Colleen, Jan 12, 2006.

?

Where do you keep your Herp food

1. I'm cool, we share the same refrigerator

55 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. No way, they have to have their own refrigerator, no frozen mice in my refrigerator

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

A conversation came up at work as to where I keep my herp food, I replied in the refrigerator. They were shocked that I would keep people food and the herp food in the same refrigerator. Am I the only odd ball? They all decided that they didn't want to try the next food item I brought in for breakfast. I was thinking maybe I should try chocolate covered worms or crickets.:D

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I had to choose refridgerator even though I have food everywhere. lol I have mice in the freezer, veggies in the fridge, and insects in my bedroom breeding. :D

3. venus

venus Founding Member

We have 2 refrigerators I keep food in both, lol...

4. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

For now we can all share the same freezer for frozen mice and pinkies, I have my dead chickens and cows in the freezer and they have their dead mice.:D But when we start to breed mice I'll probably move the mice to the outdoor freezer for the most part but keep a few in the house freezer for easy access.

My other feeders that I'm trying to breed (crickets) I keep them under the coffee table in a sterilite. But nobody ever askes me what's in there.:p

5. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

you keep cows in the freezer?? what the heck do you feed it to?!?

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

They are in bags, so it dont bother me. But i mess with mom, she says get stuff out for dinner, i grab them. :p

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yep veggies in the fridge, rodents in the freezer next to the ice cream!:) I too have had some people react a bit funny about it.
    Luckily my lady is also a snake lover and thinks nothing about it.

8. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I both keep my food and Bob's food in the same fridge and whats more I'll eat anything in that fridge. Reminds me I should PM Steph for a recipe.

9. allie&shadwell

allie&shadwell Elite Member

Well such an easy reply - my uro eats greens, for goodness sake! - I store it next to the romaine lettuce, the mushrooms, and the yoghurt! And I go out and buy the 2 crickets he eats every 10 days on the day I'm going to give them to him! THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A VEGETARIAN LIZARD!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

10. Shoobly

Shoobly Elite Member

Yep, veggies in the crisper, and waxies next to the yogurt, gotta love it!:D

11. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

and soon mice and rabbits in the freezer huh christine muhaha :D

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Everything gets all mixed together, no one seems to mind unless I forget about a container of skink mush (the collective name for all of the nasty things that go into the blender and come out looking appealing only to a skink) Once my mother opened up a butter tub (it was clearly labeled "LIZARD") and just about died because no one could figure out how long it had been in there, but judging by the mold content it was days away from evolving into vicious little furry creatures.
    With all of the power I use heating my herps I couldn't afford a 2nd fridge for their food!

13. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I keep my herp food in the fridge too. Well, not the superworms. ;)

14. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

All of my herp food goes in the fridge, and the living rooms, and the dining room lolol

I keep all of the greens in the fridge with our salads and yoghurts and stuff, I keep the meal, was and supers in there too most of the time. It is great when my nan comes to visit on a Saturday and has to move tubs of crawlies to get to the milk heheheeee

15. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I had to vote for sharing, but the only thing in the fridge for the herps is the fruit and veggies for the beardies and iggys. All of the mice and rats are out back in the rodent barn doing their thing.:D

16. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

My second freezer died, so all the frozen feeders are in my main freezer...gotta move the rats and mice around to get out chicken and roasts LOL....Will buy a new freezer eventually:rolleyes: Lyn

17. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

supers and mealies (breeding) (what better place huh, rich) are in OUR bedroom, veggies in the fridge, lol...

18. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

We share (no choice) blackworms, earthworms, waxies, and veggies in the fridge, mice and rats next to the Rocky Road.

19. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I almost forgot about all the worms in my fridge, but that's no different from when I go fishing.:p
    We have two freezers...it's just a pain to go outside to put mice in there, they only take up a little space anyways (at least for now).

20. angel

angel Elite Member

As long as it's packaged seperately, what's the big deal?? It's not like we eat out of the same container....
    I like the choc covered crickets idea. Either that or use pieces of nuts and tell them it's crickets..mwahahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.