This Disappears When Logged In

Where Can I Get a Ton of Cypress

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by warneri, Feb 25, 2011.

1. warneri

warneri Elite Member

hi does anyone know where i can buy large amounts of cypress mulch online? ive checked at lowes and home depot and i havent found any. maybe there will be some in the summer? thanks
    ian

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

How much is a large amount? Shipping to get it over the net would be ridiculous I'm sure. I would say you would be better off trying to get it from lowes or homedepot just keep looking.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. The cost in shipping that much weight would eat up any savings you got over buying it locally.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I would check out your local landscaping supply stores, or a place that sells snakes in your area. I'm not sure how far you are away from Brighton, Colorado but here is their website/store.
    Boas and Balls

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Check out landscape suppliers, I know that when visiting Castle Rock, I saw a landscape company that was advertising organic (pesticide free) mulch. This was about 3 years ago, but it is worth a shot to call around and see what you can find in your area.

6. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Organic doesn't mean it is pesticide free. Just means it is chemical free. In order for something to be grown organically it has to be grown with organic things. Tobacco is used as an organic pesticide by green thumbs all over. Not saying tobacco is in the mulch lol just may be treated organically.

7. gapeachkatie

Well, I am just remember what the sign read, and it said "Organic Mulch; free of something and pesticides. Cypress and Pine available." I am simply recalling from memory what I saw out there and it stuck due to it being the first time I ever saw a place advertising organic mulch, top soil, and potting soils. I know not to believe everything that is advertised, but it seemed like a good thing.

8. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

From your previous post I thought you were assuming that organic meant pesticide free. It very well may have been pesticide free.

9. gapeachkatie

I know the risks of organic anything. I used to work at Home Depot in the garden center and for a local nursery at the same time. Once organic became the big thing to buy around here, I had to learn the exact different between regular and organic and 80% of organic soil still has harmful fillers and chemicals that may not harm people, but will harm animals, especially nitrogen rich soils.

10. jamesw

jamesw Elite Member