This Disappears When Logged In

Where Can I Find...

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by ColdBloodedRescueLeague, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Where can I find good backgrounds for my enclosures. All I can find are backgrounds for tanks. I want something like I have for my cages by design cage, but I do not want to pay 80-100 for a background. Any ideas?

2. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

what are you looking for, a picture or something a reptile can climb on? i got a treebark cork backround from zoo med, its pretty cool.
    Natural Cork Tile Background

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If you want something 3-D, you can make your own pretty affordably - check the construction forums for ideas.

4. Johnny

Johnny Elite Member

Since you're workin' with, what I assume to be, a larger sized enclosure and don't want to spend a fortune makin' your own is definitely the best route. With a little bit of imagination and elbow grease you can make something that looks way better than the **** pet stores sell for loads of money.

5. I have seen pictures of some of the stuff people have made but sometimes they do not post what they have made the backgrounds out of. In you guy's opinion what is the best stuff to make a 3-d background out of? And yes you are correct I have many huge custom enclosures and buying a 3-d background would be too expensive. I was also looking for the backgrounds like you would put on a fish tank but with a desert scene and tropical scene for my smaller enclosures. I have seen them just don't know where people are getting them.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I used rigid blue styrofoam insulation. It is more dense than the white stuff.
    Just glue multiple layers and pieces together for more thickness.