This Disappears When Logged In

When to Seperate

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by goldrockin_froggie, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldrockin_froggie

goldrockin_froggie Well Established Member

I have 4 babies born 9-8-06(snakes that is) they are shoelaces now and although they eat in seperate cages,rinse and then put back with eachother with no problem, do you seperate your babies right after birth from eachother one in each cage, or is there a time later you would seperate? Right now they are in a 30 gallon, plenty or room and all, but i've heard different opinions on this. Whats your preference and why?

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Good question. I'm not a snake guy but I'll post this to keep the thread active and maybe someone else can help you. Maybe give us a pic or two of the babes.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

While you could keep the snakes together (pending the species), I would separate. The separation will be less stressful on the snakes. They will each have their own hides, their own space, etc.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Seperating will also simply things. You will know exactly who regurged,... or shed,... or deficated!
    This will help you spot any potential problems earlier.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just a test.
    Can you see it now?

6. goldrockin_froggie

goldrockin_froggie Well Established Member

yes i can see all posts, and good thought on the poop problems, sheds is no problem cause i handle on a weekly basis for feeding, but ok i will seperate,l i did make that rack for them. Pic's of their current cage coming up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.