This Disappears When Logged In

When to Move Back After Feeding?

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Froich, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have lurked these forums forever haha. I have a quick question as I am learning everything I can about Rosy Boas (aka one of the most awesome snakes ever).

I have looked at the caresheets, but for the life of me I can't find anything that tells me when to move the snake back to its enclosure after feeding it. Basically, when one feeds them in their feeder tank, how long do you wait to move them back home and such. I keep getting conflicted answer like, wait 2 days to handle snake, others say immediatly. Soo confused >.<

Also will provide pics if I decide to adopt one.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The sites caresheet does say

To me this would be after feeding carefully move her back and don't handle for at least 2 days!

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I move my snakes back immediately and then don't bother them for several days. Immediately means as soon as I see they are done eating and are just resting. I do not hover over them during their feedings. I typically wait 30 minutes to an hour and then check to see how they are doing.

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

As soon as mine are finished eating I gently move them back to their homes, then no handling until their food bump is not visible, some say to wait a few days but I prefer to let mine digest their food quietly.

5. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Ok sweet. That was exactly the detailed answers I needed everyone. Thank you!