This Disappears When Logged In

When shall i...

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by WDBILL, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Fang is starting to outgrow her cage, i have 2 ideas on what to do next.
    1. Buy her a new cage
    2. Shes getting big enough to hang out with my adults

Do you think shes ready for choice 2? Shes alittle less than 2 feet long, and she is very fast if she needs to run. But i dont think Fang is ready to live with them, Ike still does show some head bobbing. Fang is 1 year and a few months old, (Female if ya didnt realize) she is very friendly towards char (Older fem.) But runs from Ike (Dominant male) she doesnt even stay near Ike. Do you think shes ready?

2. venus

venus Founding Member

How big are Ike and the older female and how big is the enclosure you have them in?

3. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Ike is about 2 1/2 feet, char is 21 inches.
    Reptarium Basic 100, 16.5" x 30" x 48"
    I have it on its side, they have alot of room. But i have been looking to other cages and in the summer i'll try to make my own custom cage for them.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

I would probably venture to say, put her in her own enclosure, the one you listed does not sound big enought to put three 2ft water dragons in. So to be on the safe side for her protection do a seperate one, until you can make a bigger custom enclosure. :)

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Fang is a little less than 2 ft as you stated, Char is also, I would think you can try them together and see how they react. Is Ike aggressive towards Char ? if not I would think all would be well. Try putting Fang together with them for a little while and see what happens. Slowly let her get used to the other dragons, like maybe an hour or 2 a day for a few weeks

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

How old are Ike and Char?? I am just considering the implications if they decided to breed?

Until you can get a larger enclosure keep her on her own, but since she and Char sound to be roughly the same size there shouldn't be a problem with them being together. Get a larger enclosure and then clean and arrange the furniture differently and put all three dragons in at the same time, to avoid territorial behaviour, or try the females in together for a few days then introduce the male.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.