This Disappears When Logged In

When Is The Best Time To Find Black Racers?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by KhantiMetta, May 10, 2015.

1. KhantiMetta

KhantiMetta Active Member

I'm tired of seeing black Racers that have been run over on the road. I always go out on my bike when it's nice and sunny with the intention of moving the black snakes off of the road, but I'm always too late because of course the people who don't like snakes are the first to find them. So if anyone knows the prime time for these guys to bask, I'd love to know it. Hoping I can save a few at least. Thanks!

2. Leanea

Leanea Well-Known Member

Do you live in Florida?

3. KhantiMetta

No, I'm living in Indiana

4. Leanea

Leanea Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry. I know the Florida stuff and don't know if it would apply to Indiana

5. KhantiMetta

Alright, thanks anyway :)

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Indiana and Ohio are not to far off on the "wake up" timing, I'm starting to see some activity from friends in the area, not a lot really just some "first spotting" emails :p Once things warm up (if they haven't already) it's the early morning light that gets some on the roads as well as the dusk hour. Unfortunately it's also commute hour and many get squish, I hate seeing endangered and protected species turned to road jerky... but we live in a time where cars have more rights than anything else on the planet...