This Disappears When Logged In

Whats Yalls Favorite Fairly Common Colubrid

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by psychosis, Dec 4, 2011.

1. psychosis

psychosis Elite Member

corns water snakes anything in this forum overall is game if its a morph can you try and include a picture thank you trying to see what i really want from other peoples experince and opinions on what they like so i can look deeper into more animals

Can you please use punctuation and spell check, your posts are very hard to read!

2. Flint

Flint Elite Member

In my opinion corn snakes are the number one best snake for beginners because they are just excellent captives. Plus they are fascinating for the most advanced keeper because they really are a joy to keep and come in so many colors. Personally though I think hognose snakes are pretty awesome. They have such a unique shape, and you can get rough scaled varieties that feel like rattlesnakes. They are gaining popularity and are readily available today.

But overall, my favorite colubrid is the Asian Vine Snake :) Too bad they are extremely rare, and they make terrible captives lol.

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Vine snakes aren't at all rare near me. There are several breeders in my area who do a really good job of supplying the public with healthy, captive bred snakes.

My favorite fairly common colubrid would have to be the western hognose.

4. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Hognoses are amazing, and super adorable. I saw an anerythristic white-sided kingsnake today at the expo and fell in love. The amount of morphs and incredible colors out there in the snake world just boggles my mind sometimes.

5. psychosis

psychosis Elite Member

nice at this moment mines high white cali king or mbk

6. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Corn snakes, the various different rat snakes and western hognose for me.

7. LizardGoMoo

LizardGoMoo Member

i would
    LOVE to have a black mamba ....if they weren't so poisonous D:

8. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Black mambas aren't colubrids, they're elapids. Also, they're venomous, not poisonous. I'm fairly certain nothing would happen if you eat them...