This Disappears When Logged In

Whats a Reasonable Price?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by warneri, Nov 29, 2010.

1. warneri

warneri Elite Member

whats a reasonable price for a baby common boa, and a normal one not one of those expensive morphs?

2. Rob

Rob Elite Member

It will vary so much on health and other factors but i have seen them go anywhere from $20-$200. Not always but most of the time if you are spending more your going to get a better animal. Pet stores arent always the best place. The petco by me has one for $200 and it doesnt seem 100% healthy.

3. warneri

warneri Elite Member

ok, i think im going to buy one from a reptile petstore called scales n tails , i know its not as good as a breeder but the animals there seem pretty healthy

4. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

well i got my 6-7 footer with enclosure, lights and her first meal for $250, she is in almost perfect health other than being a bit skinny, but shes getting the weight on quick, if your scales and tails is like the one i went to in pueblo they are very healthy and well cared for.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Generally a baby common boa will run 50-70 dollars at expos so double that for a pet shp.

6. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Was at an expo on the weekend common boa's were everywhere for $40-50 almost bought a couple of them.

7. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

i would honestly say that i would do some shopping around for one that is healthy foremost, depending on size and temperment you may get a deal also, no one wants a large aggressive snake so they may sell cheaper, and like with mine, was aggressive at the pet shop, but got her home, handle often and properly, and i havent had a problem since, but that may not always be the case either, im honestly waiting for her to go back to being aggressive, just hoping she doesnt, that bite hurts bad. lol

8. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

I just sold a 7ft female for $60.