This Disappears When Logged In

Whatcha Think of This Little King

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Reddevil95128, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reddevil95128

Reddevil95128 Member

Alrighty. I've posted these pics many places and gotten many different points of view on them. I never really hear anything consistent, so tell me whatcha think of this. I bought her off of a local pet shop she can be from a local breeder, same one that bred my Brooks Kings. The store sold her to me as a Speckled King. She's really a Desert King, but look at what she went and did.

This is when I got her. Had I known of the change she would have made, I would have took better documents of it. [​IMG]

This is her now about a year later:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can tell, you can still see the trademark black head and hint of pattern on the sides.

I snapped some newer pics of the Desert King. Already more than half of her body has gone completely black with no freckles whatsoever. Only about the first few inches of her have some color to them, but if things keep going the way she has she will probably be all black by time she's adult.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not a snake guy. But I would assume it's not a true Splendida. Perhaps cross-bred with something else.

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Whatever you want to call it, I'd use the term "beautiful"!!
    I like the black better than the speckles, personally. :)

4. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

Very cool looking snake.

5. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Sorry, but I can't help you a bit. :/
    Whatever she is, she's most definitely a gorgeous snake.

Good luck finding the i.d. :]]

6. tsuch21

tsuch21 Elite Member

Looks like a Mexican Black King Snake with high speckles. I own an MBKS but he has about 6 speckles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.