This Disappears When Logged In

What Would This Be Good For?

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by agassizi, Jan 12, 2012.

1. agassizi

agassizi Member

I received this enclosure many years ago, its a portable full screen pop up type container by zoo-med, i can fold it down into the size of a frisbee and it came with a little case, but i really don't know what to use it for. Its 20inches tall and a foot across, and has a little hatch on the top and a zip door on the side:
    IMG-20120112-00014.jpg IMG-20120112-00013.jpg

Only criteria is it can't have any more or any less than 4 legs (lady friends rules not mine :p )

2. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I am curious too ;) Looks like it may transport some herps, but may not be a good home for one?

3. Duskeva

Duskeva Well-Known Member

Lol it looks like my laundry hamper. Im not really sure what it would be good for though. Wouldn't it let all the heat and humidity out?

4. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Butterflies. Seriously though, I can't imagine that being a good 'enclosure' for any herp. No offense of course :)

5. agassizi

agassizi Member

Thats what I'm thinking.. apparently its for field work but i live in British Columbia and the only things I've seen out here are garters and pacific tree frogs

6. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Aren't screen cages used for chameleons?

7. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I'm in BC as well ;) What part are you in?

8. agassizi

agassizi Member

haha none taken :). I really have no idea what i could possibly use it for, so unless i get a viable idea I'm just gonna donate it

9. agassizi

agassizi Member

I live very close to the tsawwassen ferry terminal if you know where that is. Metro Vancouver

10. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Nice! If you ever want to do some field herping, let me know if you want to come up to Kamloops :D We've got some amazing herps up here (rattlesnakes, rubber boas, various lizards, turtles and amphibians, awesome spiders, etc). I've heard rumors of small scorpions here, not sure if it's true, but would be awesome to go looking ;)

11. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

The only down side to that, if you donate it, make sure no one tries to keep an animal in it. ;)

Use it for dirty socks.

12. agassizi

agassizi Member

i did not think of that... hahaha i guess ill just fold it down and store it, one day ill find a use for it

sweet thanks i might take you up on that one day :)

13. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

actually I have seen chams kept in them in this exotic reptile shop in Spokane. They actually sell them too. Eco Terra makes them.

14. gus211

gus211 Well-Known Member

People use them for chameleons when there babys depending on the size of the enclosure, ive also seen people keep knight anoles in them as well but that does not seem like such a good idea. But there definetly marketed for chameleons

15. dreke89

dreke89 Member

maybe some type of desert gecko